In the role you will design, test, document and collaborate full vehicle systems and components for Sales Orders and New Product Developments/Introductions.
- Ensure completion of Electrical/Electronic designs to meet business objectives.
- Produce supporting documentation, drawings and designation charts.
- Integrate Electrical and Mechanical designs.
- Provide Fault-finding assistance to manufacturing.
- EMC and safety testing and recording.
- Provide Technical support for customers.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Team and manufacturing to meet quality and cost initiatives working within appropriate legislation.
- Promote continuous improvement approach to design and process.
- Improve quality of service provided to both internal and external customers.
- Develop and Implement Standard Operating Procedures for Electrical Design.
- Ensure employee competency through developing and monitoring training plans.
- Provide and manage company Portable Appliance Testing requirement.
- To direct and control the staff of the electrical engineering function to ensure that all processes, plant, equipment and buildings are maintained to agreed standards.
- Monitor all maintenance and facilitate work to ensure that it is carried out to the required standard and within agreed budget levels.
- Direct and control Electrical Engineering projects to ensure to ensure that they are completed to the standard required within agreed timescales and to the agreed budget.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Co-operate with the Company to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have an HND or equivalent in electronic/electrical engineering.
- Must be familiar with project management tools and techniques.
- Must have Solid Works and Vesys knowledge or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated with good time management skills and highly organised.
- Must be a strong communicator (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills.
- Must be computer literate and numerate.
- Must be qualified to current IEEE regulation.
- Must have good technical drawing skills.
- Must have experience of drafting to electrical standards.
- Must be articulate with high attention to detail.